Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 cancelled due to H1B approval?

Hi All,

I have one serious concern about my L1 petition validity and need your help.

My situation is as follows:

Company A has processed my H1B in Jun, 05 and it got approved in Dec, 05. And then i travleed to US on 13th Jan, 06 on L1 (Blanket) from Company B as i had a L1 VISA (Blanket) stamped prior applying for H1.

Today, one of my friend told that my L1 petition got cancelled automatically because of my H1 petition got approved and my stay is illegal?

Is this correct? If so, can i switch to H1b now with out going back to India?

If your are not sure, can you pls point me where can i find details?

Many Thanks in advance.
    Raman
    Last edited by sreeatPDTR; 12-06-2006, 09:08 PM.

L1 would still be valid.
    Once you go back to India, and if you go to US on H1, then L1 will be cancelled.
    What matters is Visa, and not petition.

Comment

H1B Petition validity while filing L1

Hi guys,

I have this complication regarding my H1 validity for which i need your help --

I have a valid H1B visa from company B which was stamped very recently , while i still continue to work in company A. Now company A wants to file my L1 visa. Will this void my h1B visa?

Having a valid H1B visa from another employer jeopardise my chances of getting my L1 visa from my present company?

Provided i get my L1 visa and my H1 is valid, and if i travel to US on L1 , can i change over or resign from my present company and join my h1B employer without landing in India?

Please provide details as to where i can resolve these queries which i have........

Thanks a lot .....

--Rohit
      Last edited by jais_rohit; 12-17-2006, 02:32 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X