L1/L2 Visa Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/L2 Visa Issue

I have L2 Stamped and my wife Blanket L1-A in April 2006 for 3 yrs. My wife is working in a reputed Indian company and neither of us has traveled to US after the stamping. Now I (L2 Holder) plans to go before her to make pre-arrangements for our relocation to US.

i) Can L2 holder move to US before without being accompanied by L1 holder (never gone to US after stamping since April 2006).

ii) If yes what should be the POE can it be differtent city from as mentioned in I-129S (city of work) at the time of stamping.

I am planning to go in April and my wife(L1 holder) and our child(L2 holder) will be joining me after 3-4 months.

iii) Can I stay in US for such a long time without L1 holder being there.

iv) Finally, Can L2 apply for EAD only on the basis of self(L2's) I-94 as soon L2 holder enters US as per above condition.

L1 and L2 issues

I have L2 Stamped and my wife Blanket L1-A in April 2006 for 3 yrs. My wife is working in a reputed Indian company and neither of us has traveled to US after the stamping. Now I (L2 Holder) plans to go before her to make pre-arrangements for our relocation to US.

i) Can L2 holder move to US before without being accompanied by L1 holder (never gone to US after stamping since April 2006).

---- Yes

ii) If yes what should be the POE can it be differtent city from as mentioned in I-129S (city of work) at the time of stamping.

---- Yes

I am planning to go in April and my wife(L1 holder) and our child(L2 holder) will be joining me after 3-4 months.

---- Yes

iv) Finally, Can L2 apply for EAD only on the basis of self(L2's) I-94 as soon L2 holder enters US as per above condition.

---- Yes

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx Subramanya L1/L2 Issues

Dear Subramanya,

Thanx a lot for your prompt and valuable reply.
      You have answered YES to all of my queries, which is very positive development for us. I have to trouble you further with few more queries as follows

q1) At the point of entry what should I say to CBP official that why I am coming before than the principal L1 holder.

q2) What should I say if I am asked why my POE(Say Los Angeles) is different from as city of work (Say New York) as mentioned in I-129S.

q3) What all documents shall I carry with me at POE.

q4) You have mentioned YES that I can apply for EAD on submission of my I-94 copy but while going through one of posts I came across that even I-94
      of the L1 holder is also required. Whether this correct or not.

q5) finally what is the min duration of I-94 shall expect from the CBP official

Regards

Manish

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Yes

---- Yes

---- Yes

---- Yes

Subramanya

Comment

L1 and L2 Visas

You have answered YES to all of my queries, which is very positive development for us. I have to trouble you further with few more queries as follows

q1) At the point of entry what should I say to CBP official that why I am coming before than the principal L1 holder.

---- Once you have got the Visa and it is valid and unexpired you are entitled to enter US unless some other issue stops you from travelling to US

q2) What should I say if I am asked why my POE(Say Los Angeles) is different from as city of work (Say New York) as mentioned in I-129S.

---- On L2 you do not have a city of work and as such when you come to US you can enter at any POE as long as you present you documents

---- Your Passport (affixed with a Visa), copy of L1 approval notice, filled in embarkation card given in the flight before landing for securing I-94

q4) You have mentioned YES that I can apply for EAD on submission of my I-
        94 copy but while going through one of posts I came across that even I-94

---- If L1 holder is residing in the US then this issue comes into play, else only a copy of L1 approval notice is essential

---- Until the validity of your L2 Visa (as affixed on the Passport) and some time a few more days depending on the officer who is writing and approving the I-94

Subramanya

Comment

Thanx Subramanya L1/L2 Issues

Dear Subramanya,

Thanks a lot for all help you have tendered in replying to my queries. With all these clarifications we can decide our future course of action. I would like to really appreciate your valuable feedback which I did not receive at any other forum where ever I have posted my queries. I have also consulted various immigration attorneys claiming to give free consultation but non of them have replied so far.

Looking forward for more attraction in near future.

Regards

Manish

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Once you have got the Visa and it is valid and unexpired you are entitled to enter US unless some other issue stops you from travelling to US

---- On L2 you do not have a city of work and as such when you come to US you can enter at any POE as long as you present you documents

---- Your Passport (affixed with a Visa), copy of L1 approval notice, filled in embarkation card given in the flight before landing for securing I-94

q4) You have mentioned YES that I can apply for EAD on submission of my I-
          94 copy but while going through one of posts I came across that even I-94

---- If L1 holder is residing in the US then this issue comes into play, else only a copy of L1 approval notice is essential

---- Until the validity of your L2 Visa (as affixed on the Passport) and some time a few more days depending on the officer who is writing and approving the I-94

Subramanya

Comment

Break after applying EAD in L2

Dear subramanya,
            This is udhaya. I am on a L2 visa. I am planning to apply for EAD in the coming week. But I need to go back to india urgently and will be back after 15 days. If I apply for EAD before leaving US to India and when I am back is my EAD Application holds good or do I need to update the I94 Details or Do I need to apply for a fresh EAD?

with regards,
            udhay

Comment

SUBRAMANYA Require your opinion L1/L2 Issues

Dear Subramanya,
              This in regard to my earlier queries which I have posted to you. I have also received few other feedbacks from other peoples as mentioned below which do not clearly answer my queries and somewhat contradicts your positive yes to all of my queries. Please clarify my apprehensions regarding the same with your valuable suggestions.

FEEDBACKS:
              Responses from attorneys were posted here.

Comment

Please note that any one answering the questions here are not attorneys and they are answering to the best of their knowledge. And they are doing a great community service by answering them for free. It is not a legal advice.

If you are already working with an attorney or have taken legal advice from an attorney, you should rely on your attorney, rather than rely on public discussion forum.
                Immihelp Support
                No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X