Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status as per lat action rule

Hi All,

I am posting on here for the first time and hope to get help from the experienced members. I came in US on dec 05 on L2 visa as a dependent. After that I had started working on EAD. between I applied for the H1B visa with change of status in mar 06.I had to travel to India before my H1 was approved and before returning back to US my H1 was approved on 17 Sep 06 and came with a I-94 valid from 1st oc 06 till 09. When I returned to US I used my L2 visa for the same and got a new I-94. Now my question is I am on which legal status, L2 or H1. Since I got the new I-94 when I entered again with L2 after my H1 was approved with I-94 valid from Oct 06.Can you please clear my doubt on this?

not reply but your case is similar to mine

hi
    i don't know for sure, i will have the same situation soon and hope someone can answer us
    my post is
    >>

if you get an answer, please post it in my thread
    thx

Comment

Higher one is the final status - H1

Your higher status is H1B and not L1. L1 is just a company transfer, while H1B is a full visa, qualifying you to work for an American company.

Call USCIS and ask a generic question. They do not ask for personal details and can answer your specific question without affecting your resident status.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X