Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need details to apply for GC while on L2 visa

Hi

I am in USA on L2 visa through company 'X' but I am working for company 'Y' as I have my EAD. I am planning to apply for GC. Would I be eligible to apply for GC and also do I have to apply only through company 'X' or can I apply through any employer.
    How long does it take for me to get my labour approved and the other processes of GC as per the current status?
    And also, I was told that I have to leave USA when my husband who is on L1 leaves the country.In that case, what would be the status of my GC and how do I proceed with that? Please suggest.

Thanks

Originally posted by bforunic
    Hi

I am in USA on L2 visa through company 'X' but I am working for company 'Y' as I have my EAD. I am planning to apply for GC. Would I be eligible to apply for GC and also do I have to apply only through company 'X' or can I apply through any employer.
    How long does it take for me to get my labour approved and the other processes of GC as per the current status?
    And also, I was told that I have to leave USA when my husband who is on L1 leaves the country.In that case, what would be the status of my GC and how do I proceed with that? Please suggest.

Thanks
    1) You won't apply. Your employer (Company Y) will 'apply' for you in one of the employment-based categories

2) How long - depends if you go PERM or normal LC (Labor Certification). From months to years. Also you would get a priority date of, say, Aug/2007 - as of today, visa numbers are current for all categories of immigration-based employment - nobody knows how long will that last.

3) If you leave the country with your husband, your GC application is deemed abandoned.

It is indeed an interesting scenario. Find an immigration lawyer - some charge $150 or $250 an hour. Go with a list of questions, try not to exceed the hour

Comment

GC abandonment is not true.

You dont have to be in the country to apply for GC. you can choose consular processing. But after the GC is granted then USA has to be your main residence

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X