Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Petition

Hi,

Our US firm is 5+ yrs old and the sister concern in India is estabilisted last year sept 2006. I am employed with this company from sept06. I am in the managerial level here on B1 since Mar 2007.

Is it possible to file L1A?

Kindly advice?

Regards
    Sam

Originally posted by sam2075
    Hi,

Our US firm is 5+ yrs old and the sister concern in India is estabilisted last year sept 2006. I am employed with this company from sept06. I am in the managerial level here on B1 since Mar 2007.

Is it possible to file L1A?

Kindly advice?

Regards
    Sam
    No. You need to be an employee on the subsidiary in India for at least one year - if you started working for them in Sep 2006, you're, as of today, about three months short.

Once you have the required one year, your US company would need to apply for an L-1A showing you have been working on a management position for one year in India, and you're being transferred to the US to also work on a management position.

But considering you've been here since March/2007, some people might be puzzled - if you're a manager in India, what were you doing here? Did you leave your people in India to manage themselves?

It looks fishy to me - it will probably look 5x more fishy to the DHS.

Comment

Mickey,

Thanks for your response. Let me explain.

The L1 Petition will be filed only when i will complete my 1yr with the company in Sept 2007, not earlier than that.

I am indeed in the management postion, and not the only manager in India. the parent company needs someone to assist them in their USA operations, and i am being considered for it. Thats the reason i am here on B1 since Mar'2007

My only concern is, our company in India will be about an year old by sept07, by the time we file for my L1? is that ok?

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X