Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does I-797 Approval invalidate L1 Visa after Oct 1 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does I-797 Approval invalidate L1 Visa after Oct 1 ???

Hi,

Does the issuance of I-797 Approval Notice for H1 invalidate the existing L1 Visa?

Example: If a person is already in US working for Emp A on L1 Visaand also has I-797 Approval Notice for H1 (for Emp B) … then would this invalidate L1 Visa after Oct 1 (which is when H1 would apply)?

Is it still ok to continue working on L1 after Oct with still having I-797? Is there any legal grace period wherein one can stay on L1 post Oct 1st?

Thanks!

L1 and H1

Does the issuance of I-797 Approval Notice for H1 invalidate the existing L1 Visa?

Example: If a person is already in US working for Emp A on L1 Visaand also has I-797 Approval Notice for H1 (for Emp B) … then would this invalidate L1 Visa after Oct 1 (which is when H1 would apply)?

Is it still ok to continue working on L1 after Oct with still having I-797? Is there any legal grace period wherein one can stay on L1 post Oct 1st?

---- At a given point of time you can have only one status. You have to decide the Visa (L1 or H1) on which you want to continue stating and working. For the change of Visa status you have to go out of the country get a I-94 at the POE valid for the Visa you intend working and then enter US

---- You cannot change from L1 to H1 while in the US unless it is a first time application for COS

---- Ifafter Oct. 1, you wish to continue working on L1 then it your choice. You have to inform your H1 employer when you wish to join and abide by other terms and conditions as negotaited with that employer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X