Subramanya or Seniors - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subramanya or Seniors - Need help

Thanks for assiting during previous threads.

I'm in US and processing L2 for my wife.

I got married on 26-Apr-2005 and got it registered in Registrar office during 01-Oct-2006. The marriage certificate given by our area registrar office states that the marriage was registered during 01-Oct-2006 and it doesn't state anything about the marriage date... When I asked the registrar he said that they will give only the registered date and not the marriage date. Is that Okay....

Otherwise, I have another certificate given by our religion people which states the marriage date (in native language). Do I need to convert it also in English and take it to embassy for proof ? (or) the marriage cert. which have the registered date (not the marriage date) is enough?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Usually Registrar will give the date of marriage(saying, on so n so date these both r married) and the date of registration in the marriage certificate.marriage certificate, wedding card(both in native n english) is prefered to be taken to the consulate along with wedding photos.

Comment

Thanks... Need further info....

In my place the registrar was telling that he wont give like that and he had given the certificate with the registered date and not with marriage date. So, can I take the other certificate given in our religion (in native language), convert to english and get it notorized?

Comment

This happens in my case alos. Actual marriage date was different but registered date was different.

Just remember the date which is registered in the certificate. In the interview of L2 they may cross check marriage date by asking when did you marry. She must tell the date mentioned in marriage certificate and not the explanation to VO regarding confusion of dates. i.e. date mistakes.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X