Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 COS H1B- Will I lose L2 status automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 COS H1B- Will I lose L2 status automatically?

I am working in company A on L2 EAD and have got my H1B petition and COS approved thru company B w.e.f Oct 2007. Will I have to abandon my job of company A as my status will be H1B w.e.f Oct 2007 ?

Can anyone advice? Thanks in advance

if your COS is approved...u shldnt work on L2 EAD even for a single day from the day of COS approved(it's ILLEGAL).u shld abandon the job with A.

n by the way, did u specifically applied for COS? or how did went on?members plz post u r answer.

Comment

My petition states that my COS is approved. I just applied for H1B , maybe my employer changed it to COS as he asked my EAD details

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the info.

i came to know that we need to sign COS application form for status change.did u do that?how can employer do that with out our willingness?(ofcourse if it's by law automatically...we shld be quite)

requesting candid answer...

Jyothi...

Comment

I do not think I signed any such COS application. I just knew that I send documents for H1B with an application and L2 details.

I request seniors to advice on this case. I may lose my job if this COS applies.

Comment

Can someone tell me if I can avoid joining the company that sposored my H1B for few more months after Oct 1?

I have been trying for answers since a long time, but never receive any responses

Comment

you can avoid by saying to H1 employer that u have some project assignment to be completed n will take 3 to 4 months time in u r present job(on L2).

but you once told in your posts that COS is approved..in that case you cant do anything but to join H1 employer.

seniors plz throw more light on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X