X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get L1 visa if already have stamped H1B

Hi

I am currently in a situation where
    1) My H1B petition (H1B 2007) already approved.
    2) I am planning to take an appointment with Mumbai US consultate next month for interview.
    3) After interview i might get H1B Visa issued next month only.
    4) But i have a chance to get L1 visa and hence transfer to US from my existing Employer. But situation will be clear by December 2007. My first preference is L1 from current employer.
    5) Should i go ahead with H1B interview in next month and get H1B issued on my name ? And then wait till December till my current employer initiate process for L1.
    6) What will be the reaction of US consulate during my L1 interview ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

amkirti

H1 and L1

2) I am planning to take an appointment with Mumbai US consultate next month for interview.
    4) But i have a chance to get L1 visa and hence transfer to US from my existing Employer. But situation will be clear by December 2007. My first preference is L1 from current employer.

5) Should i go ahead with H1B interview in next month and get H1B issued on my name ? And then wait till December till my current employer initiate process for L1.

---- Yes, you can

---- They don't care ragarding the number of Visas you are seeking as long as your documents are in order and you present yourself appropriately

Subramanya

Comment

For #6 - I would like to add, They will ask; your H1 will get cancelled if you wish to have L1.

Comment

L1/h-1b

First thing you have your H-1B petition approved and waiting for your consulate interview next month. Second you have a apprehension or chance to get L-1 Visa which is not sure of yet. What I suggest is grab the first opportunity you have to go to US. Not many people are so lucky as you are. You can attend your interview and first secure a visa for you and then think whether you would be granted the other visa. Talk to your H-1B sponser and procrastinate US visit if it is possible and wait for your L-1 visa.

Originally posted by amkirti
        Hi

Thanks in advance

Regards

amkirti

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...