Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back to U.S with I-94 expiring soon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to U.S with I-94 expiring soon....

Hi,
    I am on L2 visa. My visa has expired way back and I-94 is expiring on Feb 8 2008. I have to go back to India for my sister's wedding on 30th January. Everybody is telling that I won't be able to come back because my visa has already expired and my I-94 is expiring soon.

My husband, who is on L1, has not applied for extension coz if he does, he will not be able to come with us. That means his company taking 5 months for his visa extension and then another 3-5 months for my visa and stamping. He does not want to go to India because he has immense work load...Is there a way by which, I can go to India and return soon ...instead of staying for a year there....

You will not be able to re-enter USA with an expired visa. You are supposed to leave your I-94 cards with immigration officials (usually collected by airlines staff on the behalf of immigration) at the port of exit when leaving US. And then you'll be left with an expired visa which is of no good to re-enter.

Can't your husband's company apply for L1 extension with premium processing (PP)? Just my thoughts, I am not sure if PP is available in this visa category... wait for advise from other members here as well or search the internet and official websites to find more about PP for L1 visa.
    Last edited by orion; 10-30-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

orion is right, the I-94 does not matter, only thing that matters at the time of entry is unexpired visa.

since the I-94 expires on Feb 8, 2008 I see light at the end of tunnel for you.

I am assuming this I-94 means that the L1 petition is valid till Feb 8, 2008. That means you gcan get a stamp valid till then.

You can use the current petition to take the appointment (do it well in advance to get a suitable date). Now as long as you return before Feb 8th and as soon as you are there file for extension you will be fine.

Comment

thanx

thanx for ur help...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X