Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying H4 with valid L1

Hi all,

I have a valid L1 with my company. My husband is in US on a H1 visa. Now i am applying for H4 visa. I dont have plans to leave my company so i am just visiting him for couple of months. I am taking a break from my company to which my company has accepted.
    My question is, if i go for visa interview for H4, will they cancel my L1 before providing H4? What should be done in this situation?
    Your answers might be of great help.

Thanks,
    Nithya.

usually one of the non immigrant visa will be cancelled, however possibilities of non cancellation of L1 also there if you are lucky.

if that is the case, While you are @ POE, make sure your I 94 card is issued based on your H4 not on L1.

Originally posted by nithya_selvam
    Hi all,

I have a valid L1 with my company. My husband is in US on a H1 visa. Now i am applying for H4 visa. I dont have plans to leave my company so i am just visiting him for couple of months. I am taking a break from my company to which my company has accepted.
    My question is, if i go for visa interview for H4, will they cancel my L1 before providing H4? What should be done in this situation?
    Your answers might be of great help.

Thanks,
    Nithya.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X