Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Need regarding L1/L2 Visa

Hi

I am trying to obtain a L1 Visa for my self and L2 Visa for my wife. I have been working for an Indian manufacturing company for the last 12.5 years, with International Trade relationship with US since the last 17 years.

The company is opening a warehouse in USA and I wil be incharge of the operations in US.

My question is that my wife is pregnant now. Will she be allowed to move to US alongwith me in another 3 months (She would be 4 months pregnant then). Will the Medical tests pose any problems in her immigration due to this fact.

Also if she is allowed to move to US and gives birth to our baby in US, wil the child be a US citizen by birth or will be a Indian citizen born in US.

A genuine feedback is quite important to me and trust you guys for a fair opinion.

regards

rajveer
    Last edited by rajrally; 04-12-2008, 06:47 AM.

I think your wife should be allowed as you are coming here to work on L1 and your wife has L2 visa. I don't know if there is any tests that L1 applicants has to pass. I have no idea about any tests.

Yes, the baby is US Citizen by birth. Take care.
    Last edited by DMX17; 04-12-2008, 12:31 PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

From CBP website...
      Can I visit the U.S. while pregnant and what are the risks involved?

Answer
      Although there are no specific regulations prohibiting pregnant foreign nationals from entering the U.S., entry is allowed or denied at the discretion of the admitting CBP officer. If the CBP officer determines that you are likely to become a ward of the government (meaning that the government must provide medical care because you do not have medical coverage while visiting the U.S.), you can be denied entry. When determining if you will be allowed to enter the U.S., CBP officers take into consideration the date your child is due for delivery and the length of time you intend to stay in the U.S. In addition, they want evidence that you have sufficient medical insurance to cover any medical necessities while you are in the U.S. If it is determined that you do not have sufficient medical insurance to cover any unexpected or expected medical care while in the U.S., you can be denied entry. Additionally, if you are pregnant and entering the U.S. at a border port of entry via vehicle, be aware the radiation detection portals deployed at the ports do not emit any radiation, and do not present a hazard to you and your unborn child. Coming to the U.S. for the purpose of child birth is not a valid reason for travel.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank guy

the point is that the immigration process had started before my wife went pergnant and now i cannot move without her. therefore either she has to come alongwith me or i stop the process of immigration.

I mean this could have been the situation during my entire stay permitted by the L1/L2 visa, which is 7 years.

I will make sure that we have adequate medical insurance for this purpose.

Thanks for updating that by law it is possiblr for my wife to immigrate even under this new situatioin.

regards

rajveer

Comment

First, lets clear some confusion:You are coming on L1/L2 visa, which are non-immigrant visa. You are not immigrating to US and the process is not called immigration process.

There are no issues with you and your wife entering the US even if she is pregnant. If she gives birth to baby in the US, baby will be US citizen.

This is very normal circumstances and many have it. There is nothing to worry about.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

The US law does not stop a pregnant woman from entering US provided that she is not going to be a burden on the state (no health insurance). Airlines have restrictions on travel by pregnant woman. Some don't allow past 6 months. Check with the airline and try to enter US before the pregnancy starts showing, just to avoid the hassle.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X