L2 visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa rejected

I am working in U.S on L1 and I recently got married in India. My wife went for visa Interview for L2 status but unfortunately got rejected. The consulate gave her form 212(a)(4) wchich states that section 212 (a) (4) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone likely to become a Public charge.
    Please let me know what documents I need to produce to overcome this status? When she can can reapply again after refusal of visa? Is she eligible to apply for tourist visa yet?
    What if my employer release a letter stating that all my wife expenses and flight tickets will be taken care by company? Will this letter help her to get visa?
    Please help....

First, it is unlikely that your employer would actually assume full responsibility for your wife's expenses; this is not a realistic document to provide. While they might provide a ticket, they would not provide food, housing, etc.

How does your salary compare to standard in US for your position?

Does your employer provide or offer health insurance and other typical benefits?

Do others in your company on L1 have their dependents living with them?

Comment

FLight tickets don't count towards the public charge assumption from the consular. It has to do with the cost of living at the place of your employment and your salary, health insurance. If these are provided and you show proper bank statements showing some $$ in your account, good wages, prrof of insurance coverage, visa can be re-applied.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Is your salary would be low enough for them to believe you cant afford to support one her? Was your wife visibly pregnant at the time of interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X