Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How L1 visa expediates Green Card processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How L1 visa expediates Green Card processing?

I am on L1 visa. My I-94 is going to expire on Feb 2002. Now I have an option of either extending the L1 visa or filing for a fresh H1.
    I would like to go for fresh H1 since L1 visa restricts me to work for another employer and in these troubling times I would not like myself to be binded with the current employer.
    My employer is sponsoring GreenCard for me. I have heard that L1 visa is a shortcut to GreenCard. Is this true? And if yes how? Is it that in my case Labor Certification can be avoided since I am on L1 visa. Or there are some other factors as well.
    Given this information whats the best option between the two visa. Any information, suggestion in this regard would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    -delhichap

Hi,

There are two types of L1 i.e. L1A and L1B. If u are a multinational manager or executive u are in L1A and u do not need labor approval and will be considered in EB1 category.

However, if you are a "specialized worker" then it is L1B. U will go through conventional green card process. Why dont you read up on sites like immihelp.com. You can find out the information yourself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X