Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do INS getting strict in visa processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do INS getting strict in visa processing?

HI,

I heard many cases recently in which INS is asking lot of queries. I am an L1a holder which was approved in merely 7 days. I recently applied for renewal and just got the receipt. I want to know If somebody faced a problem in getting visa or renewal.
    Please write so that we can be aware of changes we should make while applying for visa.

Thanks

You must be confident that your L-1A is a good case because the Visa could be denied at the foreign consulate and you will have no way to re-enter the U.S. One of the things they typically look for, especially after the first year, is whether you've hired on more employees. If you started the business with between 1-3 employees and you haven't hired anymore after the first year, they will seriously question the validity of your case.

And you can't get an L-1A Visa from Canada or Mexico, either. They'll entertain an appointment because they have to, but I would say 99% of the time, they'll tell you that you have to go to the consular district where your home country is located. It's a typical problem run into by L-1A holders.

I would file for Permanent Residency if you're in this situation and wait until you can apply for Advanced Parole. I typically tell my clients who come in here on L-1A's to go this route if I'm unsure about the strength of their L-1A.

Comment

Hi,

My brother is on L1A since oct'00 and he is the president of usa firm and he was unable to find business till july'01. Now he has to apply for L1 extension. Could u please tell me, what r the docs required for the L1 extension? specially docs related to business. would it be a problem to extent visa in this case?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I got the extension in 25days, I guess u need the tax returns and documents proving that your business is running well and u have hired more employees.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I have few more question, Hope u don't mind to answer it.

1) did u filed it on ur own or ur lawyer filed it?
          2) What do u mean by tax papers, Company or individual tax papers?
          3) could u tell in detail what r the docs required to prove company is up and running?

Thanks in advance
          ketan

Comment

documents like tax returns, forms 1040, 941, W-2, 1120 and other expenses bills of the company, paystub, office lease, bank statement etc. U definately have to show the business is running. Contracts u have made with ur clients and other documents showing business.
            I filed myself.

Vikas

Comment

Thanks Vikas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X