Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Pertaining to my L-1 Experience

Good Day Everyone,

I have been working as a transfer employee in Germany with the same company (Started in US.) Plan was to return back to US and we applied for a L-1B Visa.

I just received today an email from the consulate saying that I can send my passport for the L1-B stamping.

The thing is I have been waiting over 4 months for this email and during that time the situation changed and I got offered a local contract by the Parent company, which I accepted.

I am thinking of not having the L1-B stamped in my passport, as I can visit the US with my B1/B2 (already in Passport.) but at same time do not want to create any future complications.

- Would NOT stamping the L1-B have any impact on future visits to US? (Security Check Cleared)
    - Will it have any impact on future US visa applications?

- If decided to stamp it then how long can one wait to get the stamp? Is there a time limit after the visa is cancelled or so?

I would really appreciate all answers to my question.

Many Thanks in Advance!

You can choose not to get L1b stamped. No issues using other visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Is there thought an expiration date for stamping it?
      Like if I go few months later and say hey, I have this visa ....

I am only thinking of this option because if my company finds out that it is available I might go back into the ping pong game of pack and go to US or stay here in Germany.

It gets tiring after a while!!

Comment

You can get the L1 stamped later on as long as the petition is valid and you meet the criteria. I did not understand your post completely.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X