Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is L2 EAD dependent on I-94 date

Hi,
    When I entered USA on L2 dependent spouse visa,my passport was expiring on 15 Sept 2008 and hence my I-94 got departure date as 14 sept 2008. After that i applied for an EAD with the old passport and I-94 and hence i got the EAD which also expires on 14-sept 2008.
    Now I have renwed my passport which is valid upto 2018 and want my EAD to be renewed.
    Can someone tell me L2 EAD expiry date depends on I-94 records or does it depend on my spouses L1 or on my new passport expiry date...or may be out of all these which ever expires first....??

Is it necessary for me to update my I-94 before I apply for renewal of my EAD?

Every status is determined by the I-94 date. It does not matter what the visa date or the petition date is, I-94 date is the ultimate authority once inside the US.

If only you cared to look at your previous posts and replied to the questions asked rather then open a new thread!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X