Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice upon leaving country and reenter

Here is my situation.
    My, my wife and son are on L1/L2 visa in US. The petition and stamped visa are valid till Jan -09. My I-94 is only till Aug-08. This is due to my old passport was getting expired on same day. Now I have the new passport and also L1 petition extension is currently filed (regular not premium). I have valid canada visitor visa. We want to plan a road trip to canada for 2-3 days. Here are my questions.

1. Would it be ok if we plan this trip in July.( Though my I-94 is expiring in Aug, my current petition is valid till Jan-09. So I hope I will get a new I-94 till Jan-09 if I reenter from canada).

2. Would going to canada in July hamper the petition processing? We are planning India vacation in late October.
    Last edited by TonSi; 06-13-2008, 12:25 PM.

1. Yes, no won't get new I94. 2. No

Comment

1. You could possibly explain to CBP at POE that your I-94 was shorter due to your passport expiring and get a new I-94 valid till the DOE of the petition. The rule doesn't allow new I-94s for travel for less than 30 days. But POE officer can make exceptions and they grant new I-94s to some.

2. No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X