Former L1B holder with GC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former L1B holder with GC.

I entered the US in 2006 with an L1B visa. Later, I married a US citizen, and we have completed the Greencard formalities. I now hold a Greencard, but have not changed my employer, nor have I updated my immgration status with my employer. My office, like many other companies has a lot of "politics" I'm afraid that if my immigration status is known that it will affect me in rating, reviews and futur promotion. My L1B visa expires in November of this year, and my company wants to renew my L1B. Can I go forward with this?

Your L1 is invalid as you are a GC holder. You need to use your GC for filling your I-9. No L1 extension will be allowed by USCIS. It might also come out as fraud if you tried to do that being a GC holder.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Whats the I-9?

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X