X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1

Hi,
    I need help!
    I came to US in 2005 in a L1B visa. This year my employer filed for the second period and it was approved. I would like to stay in US and would like to know what would the process be to apply for a GC by my own...
    1. is this possible? I keep getting confused since I'm not sure if I need a LC first to apply for the I-140 and then I-485.....what's the process...If not,
    2. is there a way to apply for a L visa extension? how long much more time would that give me?
    3. can the company apply for an H visa for me before my actual L visa expiration (it expires on Jan 2010)

Thanks,

1. It is possible. But only through the employer or any other employer. Not by yourself.
    2. L1 is for max of 5/7 years depending on the type.
    3. Yes

Spend some time on the forum and try to read through many posts to understand the concepts better.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How is it that I can apply through the employer...what is the roll of the employer...yes confirm that there is a job available for me? or do they actually have to file on my behalf?
      Thanks!

Comment

Green card, permanent resident card, employment based green card, family based green card, marriage based green card, adjustment of status, consular processing, advance parole, employment authorization card, ead, renew green card, repalce green card, retain green card, re-entry permit, transportation letter, returning resident visa

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Read the USCIS/Department of State websites. If you plan to do this you need to educate yourself because it is too complex a process to be explained completely on this forum.

Comment

The visa policies are really very complex.

Comment

Originally posted by madhav_s
              The visa policies are really very complex.
              .....If one does not take the time to explore and read.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X