Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on L2

Hi,

I am Travelling to US on L2 VISA by End of August.

I know I should apply for EAD and start work,Can I start working from the without EAD.

I have SSN as I travelled already so how long it will take to get EAD.

If I got EAD what are all the jobs I can work on,I ma basically S/W engineer.

Thanks,
    vvs

You have to wait till you have the EAD card physically in your hand and begin work in any kind of job.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for you input.

Also I would like to know what kind of Job I can work after I receive my EAD.

I am basically S/W Engineer with a back ground of BE (EEE).

Comment

Thanks guys! You should also know that I got booted from another forum for being too helpful and ruining their business

My quest to learn more about immigration laws started when my spouse has problems with her employer and I took them for a good ride.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You never know. I could be messing around. I heard "she" doesn''t get treated well on the forums and hence a disguise

The employer case, long story short, refused to give I-94 or copy of I797 and threatened to cancel H1b and laughed at us that spouse will be without status. I had to call the cops, which was not of much use as they don't know anything about I-94 or immigration docs. Claimed it was a civil issue, no complaint taken.

Took it to FBI under involuntary servitude clause as holding the I-94 does not allow a person to transfer to another employer forcing one to work against their will. They were patient but wanted us to try other agencies.

Complained to DOL, DOS, TXDOL. DOL investigated, slapped them with a fine, got paid the monies owed.

Meanwhile transfered to a new employer on a FT job and got the approval for EOS. Apart from our benefit, 4 other employees suffering got paid due to our complaint and help.

Happy ending!

Comment

Wow! Make that a double wow!

I admire you to pursue the matter with all the highest authorities!

Good to know not only you but a lot of others benefited from your hard work.

There are some nice people on earth.

Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                Thanks guys! You should also know that I got booted from another forum for being too helpful and ruining their business

My quest to learn more about immigration laws started when my spouse has problems with her employer and I took them for a good ride.
                We value and appreciate all the help txh1b has been providing to the community.
                Immihelp Support
                No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X