Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Individual - 221g Help

Hi,

I attended my VISA interview yesterday for L1B-Individual along with my wife or L2. The interview went very well and we answered all the questions confidently. After asking me my company name twice the VISA officer said ok I am granting you the VISA, but there is some technical problem and it cannot be issued right now. She said they will send me a mail on my email id and upon getting that email I am supposed to go to local VFS office (Pune) and get the VISA stamped. She said, she can also keep our passports with her and do the process in Mumbai only but the whole process may take 1 week (max) and in that there are chances of misplacing the passport. So it is better that I keep it with me.

After that I asked her what I should tell to VFS office. On which she left her desk and discussed this with some other person. Then came back and gave me form 221(g) which says my case is pending under Administrative Processing and I will be intimated once it is resolved. She said I can carry this to VFS office and they will stamp my VISA.

I again asked her. Any problem? On which she said no problem at all. You or your wife need not have o come for interview again. Everything is good. Its only a technical problem.

Does anybody have this kind of experience? This is first L1 petition for my employer as well as for me. Is this delay because of this?

Thanks,
    Prashant
    Last edited by lookforprashant; 07-23-2008, 01:15 AM.

GUYS,

Good News!!!! I got the email from Mumbai Consulate. My case is processed and I can submit the passport for stamping in local VFS office.

As I said VISA officer was cool and she assured me twice that there is no problem and it was just a technical error. What I feel is as it was first L1 case for my company the online information system was not updated with the required info.

Case: L1B Individual (221(g) yellow form)
    Interview Date : 22nd July 2008
    Consulate : Mumbai
    Email Recieved : 25th July 2008
    Time taken 3 Days.

I wish good luck for all the guys waiting. I know the pain or tension I experienced in last 3 days. Thanks for all your support and this thread.

Prashant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X