Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arresested and closed the case as Alford pleas will this affect my L1-B extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arresested and closed the case as Alford pleas will this affect my L1-B extension

Hi
    I am right now in usa.

I have been arrested once and now the case is closed as misdemenor as "Disorderly conduct".Right now i have applied for my L1-B extension.
    The court also said it will dismiss the case on july 2009.

Plea given was :Alford plea (No guilty plea)

1) Will they deny my application as i was arrested for disorderly conduct?

2) If i go to India in the month of jan2009 will the re-stamping in India be a problem? ot it is better to go in India in the month og aug 2009 after dismissing this case completely.

Please help me immi team.

Disorderly conduct is not a crime that is inadmissible. However, you have to disclose it in visa applications and all immigrations forms moving forward. Carry court certified copy of proof of dismissal of the charges and final court disposition.

Extension will not get denied. Visa might have some delays and be prepared for it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      If i go to India after complete dismissal of this case on july 2009 will their be any problem in visa stamping from india?

Comment

I already told about the delays as they might run a security check. A dismissal does not remove your records. You need to get them expunged after dismissal to clear your record. However, it has to be mentioned for immigration purposes at all times even if expunged.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X