Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status in INS - URGENT

Hi,

Is there anyway to find out our status in INS?

The reason behind to ask this question as follows.. Pls guide me to get this problem solved.

I came to US on L2 and applied for my H1 in 2007. My H1 was approved with COS. So starting from 1 Oct 07, I was on H1. Due to some family emergency I had to go to India on 18 Oct 07. As there were no dates available at US consulate India to get my H1 stamped, I returned back on my L2 itself on 15 Nov 07. My Current I-94 shows that I am on L2 and its valid until 30 Nov 08.

As my L2 expires on 30 Nov 08, I am planning to get a H1 amendment for COS from L2 to H1 (again due to unavailability of dates in Mexican & Canada US consulates until Sept'08). When I checked with my Attorney, they told me that I'm already on H1 and no need for an amendment. The Attoney also told not to apply for L2 extension as that will change his current H1 status.

I am very confused now...

I strongly believe that I'm on L2 as recent I-94 shows L2 and I didn't get my H1 stamping either when we came back in Nov 07

Can you please clarify what status I am on based on the above details. Is there anyway I can check my status in INS?

Help me please!!!!!
    Last edited by vmkvt; 07-31-2008, 08:25 PM.

You are right. Status is determined by the latest I-94 which in your husband's case is L2 I-94.

Employer/Attorney is BSing.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick response!!!
      Last edited by vmkvt; 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X