Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - cannot work after oct 01

Folks,

I'm on L1B working in the USA for company X. I've filed for h1B with COS from L1 to H1. H1 got approved on July 24.

Now, is it that from July 24, I cannot work for Company X on L1B anymore ? or is it that I'll not be able to work for company on L1B after Oct 01 ?

I think, I cannot work on L1B after Oct 01.... please confirm

I think, I cannot work on L1B after Oct 01.... please confirm
    This is correct!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Look at the date on your I-94.

Comment

What is the date on I94 ? I heard that a person can only work on the new H1B from Oct 01. Is it that they can work before that also ?

Comment

can someone reply to this question of mine "What is the date on I94 ? I heard that a person can only work on the new H1B from Oct 01. Is it that they can work before that also ?
          "

Comment

Originally posted by rage
            What is the date on I94 ? I heard that a person can only work on the new H1B from Oct 01. Is it that they can work before that also ?
            If your H1b was cap subject, you have to stop L1 work by Sep 30th. If it was cap -exempt H1b, it can start anytime

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes, it was count in the cap this year.
              I'm planning to do a leap frog to save my L1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X