Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time does it take for administrative Processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it take for administrative Processing?

Hi,

I appeared for interview at New Delhi consulate around four weeks ago. Still My case is peding administrative processing. Can anyone tell me how much time does it take for approval.

Mine is a blanket L1 petition. The consular officer told me that It will take no more than four weeks at the time he gave me the pink handout.

Thanks!

Do you have a common name like Amit, Kumar and the likes? If so, prepare yourself for long delays due to security checks.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I do have such comman sir name!

Originally posted by txh1b
      Do you have a common name like Amit, Kumar and the likes? If so, prepare yourself for long delays due to security checks.
      By GOD! This is silly and absurd. I don't think If I were really some terrorist I would do the foolish mistake of using my original name! Don't you think so?

Anyway, I appreciate that there has not been any incident of security breach in America since 9/11 unlike India where terror attacks have become a norm these days.

But this sort of verification is ridiculous. Just think how many Kumar's are in India. Every third hindu person has this title.

Hope it does not take so long.

Thanks for prompt reply.

Comment

Got a call from Embassy

Hey, Just to tell you that I finally got a call from embassy few days back. So, now I know that it takes around 6 weeks for your name to be cleared up. If you have a common name. If you have less common name name, you will get a call withing four weeks maximum. But, but, but, as the admin said, there's no guarantee however! It may take several months, (I've seen four months and heard of one year).

So, Just best of luck to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by cool_man
          Hey, Just to tell you that I finally got a call from embassy few days back. So, now I know that it takes around 6 weeks for your name to be cleared up. If you have a common name. If you have less common name name, you will get a call withing four weeks maximum. But, but, but, as the admin said, there's no guarantee however! It may take several months, (I've seen four months and heard of one year).

So, Just best of luck to you all!
          I don't understand this process why they gives you 221g & why VO start Admin process against like name Kumar. my name is also Ommkumar & papa name is Devendrabhai (Bhai means you know.. hehhehhe ) but they ask me ohhh why your father's name end with bhai? I tell thats the naming system of our gujju's & indian naming system.. they gives me visa without any question.. lets see any kumar have probs or not.. Vo was funny at your turn... or another else problem???

Comment

I had also a similar common name.

Originally posted by OMM
            I don't understand this process why they gives you 221g & why VO start Admin process against like name Kumar. my name is also Ommkumar & papa name is Devendrabhai (Bhai means you know.. hehhehhe ) but they ask me ohhh why your father's name end with bhai? I tell thats the naming system of our gujju's & indian naming system.. they gives me visa without any question.. lets see any kumar have probs or not.. Vo was funny at your turn... or another else problem???
            So, I guess you will have to wait for 6-7 weeks before they call you up. This is mainly because of security checks.
            Last edited by cool_man; 09-13-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X