Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on L2

Hi,

If husband is having L2 and wife (having L1) is going back to India since the project is going to get completed in USA, will husband be able continue to work in USA even though wife is in India working for the same company which sonpsered her L1?

Can anybody please provide info on this?

Thanks!

~R

In your case, husband can not stay back in US on L2 if L1 (primary) visa holder leaving US as project is over.

If L1 visa holder going on a leave then it's different issue(L2 can continue working).
    Last edited by itzprams; 09-15-2008, 12:06 AM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thanks for the info, its help full to plan further.

Comment

Query On L2 --Urgent please

Good Morning!

I am in USA on L1 visa and my project is getting over by Jan end. I am getting married in US itself and my finacee is on L1 Visa. Now my query-

If I apply for L2 , do I need to resign my xyz company or do I need to on long leave. I am not plaining to go back to India and come here on L2 Visa for few months.

I also heard that I shouldn't be working while filling L2 petition

Please let me know info on this.

Thanks alot!

~R

Comment

Assuming you are maintaining proper L1 status and getting paid till you get married, after you get married file for a COS to L2 status. You can continue to work on L1 as long as the petition is pending and remain in US.

Once the L2 COS is approved, you may no longer work on L1 status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks alot for the quick response.

Actually got few more queries please:: (Might be a big story to start )

I am working for Xyz Company on L1 visa and my husband is on also on L1.

1) If my L2 petition is filed and is that okay if I quit my xyz company which means I lose my L1 visa status and can continue staying in USA with only L2 petition filed?

2) With the L2 petition alone ( I mean without stamping done) , will I be able to apply for my EAD?

3) Is that like when I go to India, I need to appear for consulate for my L2 visa stamping?

Highly appreciate your reply.
            Thanks alot again.

~R

Comment

1. Yes
              2. Yes, after the COS gets approved.
              3. Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

wow! Such a quick reply....Thanks alot!

Its a fantastic forum.

Few more questions please:

1. Can u please tell me what is COS { Is that meaning filing the application}

2. Once I get my L2 petition apporved { which means still pending with stamping} , to apply for EAD is that must to should quit xyz company{ which means losing the L1 visa}.

Thanks!

~R

Comment

1. Change of status. You are changing status with USCIS approval and not by means of entering on a different visa.
                  2. COS approval means you are losing the old status and cannot do anything that the old status permitted to. Work for L1 company after COS to L2 without the approval of EAD is illegal.

Comment

Hi,

Another query please:

I am in usa on L1 visa and have I 94 till another one year. If I quit xyz company here in usa and which means losing my L1 ....is that valid to stay in usa for another one month with only my I-94.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X