L1 Visa - PIMS Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa - PIMS Issue

I currently have a L1 Visa and petition, valid till October 27, 2008. I left US for India on August 13 and before leaving applied for extension of petition.
    This petition got approved while I was in India and subsequently I went for Visa Stamping on September 16 in Chennai. Here the consular officer mentioned that the petition details are not yet updated in PIMS and hence the visa could not be granted based on this new petition. She confirmed that I could travel to US as my current L1 Visa is valid till October 27, 2008 but did not give any letter or documentation and gave me back my passport..

1. Can I travel to US with this visa and old petition (both valid till October 27, 2008)?
    2. Will there be problems in port-of-entry in US - will there be deportation?
    3. The new extended petition has an I94 valid till April, 2010 - what I94 validity date will be provided at port-of-entry?
    4. How can I know if US consulate requested for PIMS verification for this petition and when will this verification be complete?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by l2fly123
    I currently have a L1 Visa and petition, valid till October 27, 2008. I left US for India on August 13 and before leaving applied for extension of petition.
    This petition got approved while I was in India and subsequently I went for Visa Stamping on September 16 in Chennai. Here the consular officer mentioned that the petition details are not yet updated in PIMS and hence the visa could not be granted based on this new petition. She confirmed that I could travel to US as my current L1 Visa is valid till October 27, 2008 but did not give any letter or documentation and gave me back my passport..

1. Can I travel to US with this visa and old petition (both valid till October 27, 2008)?
    2. Will there be problems in port-of-entry in US - will there be deportation?
    3. The new extended petition has an I94 valid till April, 2010 - what I94 validity date will be provided at port-of-entry?
    4. How can I know if US consulate requested for PIMS verification for this petition and when will this verification be complete?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Yes before the visa expires.
    2. Not if you enter before the visa expires.
    3. If you shoe the new petition along with current one, it has to be 2010 date. If the officer refuses, you can go to deferred inspection office once you are out at the airport and they will correct it. That is the law.
    4. Should take 2 days.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X