Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B + L1 extension

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have gone through the same situation.

I came to US on L1 in April 2004 to join Company A. On Jan 2005 I left Company A and went back to India.

On Oct 2005, I came back on H1B visa to work for Company B.

In March 2007, I changed to Company C and they also filed for my H1B extension only till Jan 2009.

I am due for extension and I can't get the math right on the number of years or months remaining in my H1B 6 year tenure.

Questions:
    1. I believe L1 period will be added to my H1B 6 year tenure since I came back to US within 365 days of the L1 being invalid?
    2. If yes, Is it correct to assume that my 6 year tenure should end in Apr 2010?
    3. Is there a way I can claim for the 8 months (Jan 2005 to Oct 2005) that I was not in US to add up to my 6 year tenure? (effectively taking it to Dec 2010).

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Period outside US can be recaptured.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b.

just one clarification, if you could. Does your answer "No" to 2 implies that if I were to recapture my period out of US my extension could be longer? i.e. till Dec 2010 in my case.

thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by calidude
        Thanks txh1b.

just one clarification, if you could. Does your answer "No" to 2 implies that if I were to recapture my period out of US my extension could be longer? i.e. till Dec 2010 in my case.

thank you so much!
        Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X