Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD not valid for reentry to US with a L2-Visa

Hi,
    I am having a L2 visa which is valid for reentry. With this visa I applied for an Employment Authorization card, which was also approved with the restriction of "not valid for reentry to US". I am wondering if this restriction is correct because of my reentry L2 visa. Does this mean that I loss my working permit after leaving the US for eg. holiday. And after leaving, can I apply for a new EAD? Thanks and Regards Nick

EAD alone is not valid for entry. It means what is says. Visa, if it is Multiple entry one marked "M" on it is valid for entry again.

Travel does not invalidate an approved EAD.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Just to clarify:
      I won´t lose my EAD if I travel outside the US?

But, I don´t understand what the term "not valid for reentry to US" means then. Are there card holders who only travel with the EAD without Visa?
      Thanks.

Comment

EAD remains valid. US is a land of disclaimers and hence the endorsement. EAD is never an entry document.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X