Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to L2 Visa Conversion

My Data

1) I am on L1 visa. I am going to get married and desire to bring my wife to US. My wife works in a software company in India and she can come to US on a L1 visa from her company.

My Questions

1) Suppose my wife come on a L1 visa and after 2-3 months her company wants her to go back(say her project is over). Can she convert her L1 visa to L2 visa without going back to India ? If yes, how long does it usually take to convert L1 to L2 ?

She has to apply for a COS to L2 immediately upon finding out that her project is going to end. It will take 2-6 months for USCIS to process the COS and she can remain in US if she was in valid L1 status when she applied for the COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      She has to apply for a COS to L2 immediately upon finding out that her project is going to end. It will take 2-6 months for USCIS to process the COS and she can remain in US if she was in valid L1 status when she applied for the COS.

Thanks for the prompt reply ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X