Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 (Adjustment of Status)for L2 EAD

Hi,
    My wife has been working on L2 EAD for the last 2.5 years. We are trying to find out options for applying for GC. As part of this analysis, we found some discussions in internet saying that we/her employer can directly apply I485 (Adjustment of Status). Can you please review and advise whether this is feasible option to go for I485 without having Labor and I140. If yes, please advise the next steps to handle this.
    Your inputs in this regard is very critical for us at this stage as I am on L1 and there is a job threat as my current project is getting over and I may be asked to go back to India also I do not have any other visa-H1B other than L1to continue in USA to change the job here in USA. Thanks.

It is not possible. The employer has to file Labor and I140 unless the person qualifies for NIW or EA which requires PhD, paper publications or extraordinary ability like a player, musician etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X