Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: H1B to L2 COS

Hi,

My Fiance entered the US on a valid H1B visa and has a I-94 till September 2011, due to current economic conditions, the H1 company has asked her to go back to home country and will also be providing a air ticket for the same.

I am working in US on a L1B visa which is valid till december 2009, my fiancee and I are not married yet, however we are planning to get married in the US and then apply for a COS to L2.

Is there any problem with the process we are following? Here are few questions I would want to get information about. We have the paystubs from my fiances

1. Will we able to get married in the US and then apply for a COS?
    2. If we get a air ticket from my Fiances company, and do not leave the US, will there be any problems for us?
    3. How soon do we have to apply for a COS, taking into consideration that the marriage may take upto a week or so.
    4. How long does it take for a COS from H1 to L2?
    5. Any other pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1. Yes. That has to happen before she loses the current H1b status which is the last day of her job.
    2. No as long as a new status change request was filed on time and you are married.
    3. Before the current status ends.
    4. 2-6 months

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X