Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for L2 and EAD

Hi

My husband and I are on L1 visas from our own companies and currently working in the US. We're planning to apply for an L2 for my husband due to some reasons.
    I have read that we can apply for premium processing (with an extra fee of $1000), and we can get the L2 visa in 15 days.
    My queries..
    1. Can we apply for L1 to L2 COS and EAD together or do we need to wait to get the L2 in hand and then apply for EAD?
    2. Is there any way in which we can get the EAD sooner? (like any kind of premium processing)
    3. Is it true that if we apply directly in the consulate, we get the visas faster?

Thanks

There is no PP for L2 COS. The quickest way to get on L2 is to get a visa and re-enter on L2.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Oh ok.. So what's the approx time taken for an L1 to L2 COS? And what's the best way to apply for it thru I 539.. is it better to do it online or by mail or by directly goin to the consulate?

Comment

Your choice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

my question is will there be a difference in the duration of process depending on the method we choose to apply? how long does it generally take for this COS?

Comment

Please reply

Comment

2-6 months if it is COS. CP will be quick.

Comment

u mean direct stamping? is it necessary that the L2 stamping has to be done in india or can he do it from canada?
                Last edited by neets126; 03-11-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

please reply.. should an L2 CP be done from india, since my L1 was done from india? or can it be done from the canada consulate? and is it mandatory that my company should process the L2? or can we do it on our own also?

Comment

Can be done in any consulate. Home country is the best. Company need not do it.

Comment

L1 to L2 COS

Hi

I have a couple more queries about L1 to L2 COS for my husband..

1. Can we apply for L1 to L2 COS (I539) and EAD together? Or do we have to wait for the L2 visa to be done and then apply for EAD?
                      2. Will the I94 change when the visa status is changed from L1 to L2?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X