Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I stay in the US after L1 expires (H1B is under Process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I stay in the US after L1 expires (H1B is under Process)

My case looks very complicated to me but for an attorney or any immigration expert this might be easy to solve, so i am seeking the best advise in my case as i am getting different answers from my lawyers.

I am on L1 from Company A and working in the US. And my L visa and I-94 expires on June 15, 2009.

1. Can I legally stay in the US after June 15?

In April 2008 Company B filled H1B with Change of Status from L1-H1B while i am in the US, I got picked up in the lottery, then we got a RFE on the company background, then H1 was denied and closed then company B re-opened the H1B and now it is in "Appeal/Motion/Certification sent to Administrative Appeals Office for review" stage

2. Now that my L visa is expiring in June, what will happen to my H1 processing. Will it be cancelled?

Company B says that my H1B will be cancelled if I got back to China in June and they say that I should stay in the US after my L visa expires, ie. stay in the US after June 15th and quit Company A (L1 sponsor) and join Company B and work or them in the US till I am granted H1

3. After L1 visa expires can I quit Company A (L sponsor) and stay in the US?

4. Can I work for Company B after my L visa expires and continue to stay in the US? If so what will be my visa status

Company B is working with 2 experiences highly qualified immigration lawyers and it claims that I can stay in the US after L visa expires and work for Company B since my H1B is in progress.

Can someone/lawyer/attorney please let us know if this is possible? Thank you so very much for the answers that you are going to give me. I am sure my future depends on these answers.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X