Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of spouse L2 Visa

Hello,

Am a L2 Visa holder, with a valid I-94 till Jan 2010. I have a EAD and am currently working in US.

My question is, incase, if my husband looses his current project and leaves to India, what will happen to my case?

Will my EAD expire?

Should i also leave the country?

or can i continue working here till my I-94 validity period?

Please advice.

Thanks much

L2 status is valid only as long as L1 maintains his status. If he loses the job, you should no longer work as L1 won't be in a legal status.

Comment

more clarification needed

Hello Senior Member,

Thanks for your reply.

Am reading many sites to get more info....I found this article....this says that I-94 is a valid document and your status is valid till I-94 validity.

What do you say?

Thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by sowmya1234 View Post
        Hello Senior Member,

Thanks for your reply.

Am reading many sites to get more info....I found this article....this says that I-94 is a valid document and your status is valid till I-94 validity.

What do you say?

Thanks much
        And that I-94 validity is based on Your L1’s status
        The Law is clear. Even if you work on EAD, your status is L2

Comment

AFAIK, when the L1 loses status, the L2 status is gone and the work permit cannot be used any more.

I would suggest you to consult an attorney if you are too confused about this. Please update us what you find.
          Last edited by JStone; 06-02-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

This is true as long as L1 is working and maintaining valid status.
            It would be illegal if you continue working on L2 which could cause problems in future.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X