Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa I-94 and H1-Visa I-94 confusion and wants to continue on L1 only

Hi,
    Right now i am on L1 visa and working in US for one MNC.Applied for h1b visa and received approval notice(I797) along with new I-94 (automatically Status changed to H1 on new I-94).
    Right now I don't want to shift to H1 visa, because right now my project is good and my company is not relieving me from the project. But from 1st October onwards my I-94 is going to valid which is on H1b visa. After October 1st onwards I should not work with my MNC company.

My Questions:
    How can I avoid to work on H1b visa or how can I continue to work on L1 visa even after October 1st 2009

search and read about leapfrog.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Please Please Urgent Reply please::::::L1 I-94 and H1 I-94 confusion....

Originally posted by pontevecchio:
      Leave the country a few days before October 1 and come back a few days later on the L1 visa.
      :

Thanks for the reply, But if I understood correct, You want me to leave country 2 or 3 days while leaving USA they will take my existing L1 visa I-94 and when i am coming back to USA, you want me to come back on L1 Visa with new I-94 before october 1st.
      Please clarify my doubts here:
      1). So,If i will go to Canada on Visit Visa, when i am trying to come back USA on my L1 Visa , should I have any problem in both the port of entries?
      2). But recently one of my friend went to Canada on Visit visa and he is also on L1 visa in USA. But they did not ask/taken/issued new I-94 in both the port of entries, still he is returned from Canada with old I-94 (I mean, they did not issue new I-94). If this is the case happen to me, even if i will go to any other country also my problem will not resolve. Please Please suggest me.
      3). If luckyly i can come back to USA from Canada on L1 Visa I-94, what will happen to my H1 petitioin ( it is valid till 2012 october). In future if i want to change the status to L1 to H1, is this possible or its gonna be Void??

Please patiently answer for my questions. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Please any one can reply to my question. Its very urgent..Please...Please..

Comment

1. You are not guaranteed a new I-94 if you visit Canada as it follows the contiguous state rule if the visit is less than 30 days.
          2. That is correct. For leap frog to properly work, leave before Oct 1st and return after Oct 1st on the status you want to hold.
          3. Did you read the FAQs on H1b? You need to and the answer is straight forward. H1b remains active and you can use it later on unless the employer cancels it.
          Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X