Visa stamping in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping in Canada

Hi. I came to US on L2 in 2008-march. On Oct-2008 my husband changed to H1 and he is never out of status. He started working on H1 from Oct-08 and got all the pay-stubs till today.
    But in my case, my husband's employer applied for H4 one month later(Nov-117th) and i got H4 approval.
    Now, both me and my husband are planning to go for stamping in Canada and got a question 'wether would i be in trouble becuase of out of status from Oct-01-2008 to November-17-2008' or they dont consider it as out of status.

Also, i got a marriage certificate(this what i used to get my L2 when went for stamping in india), this is not electronic, meaning my name and my husband names were written with pen by registrar, other than that every thing is OK.
    Now, is there any chance that US consulate in canada will deny my marriage certificate.
    Thanks.

Did you get an I-94 with the H4 approval? If so, USCIS has approved your COS request and did not consider you out of status. But the reality is, USCIS could go back and unapprove anything which was erroneously approved at a later date which could come back and bite you if you have future immigration plans like green card etc.

As far as visa goes, you may be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks txh1b.
      Yes i got I94 with H4 approval.
      Employer applied for H1 on Nov-17th and i got approval on Feb-02 with I94 till 2011. per txh1b(you again), i may not have problem in visa stamping even it is from canada. thanks for the info.
      Do you have any comment on my marriage certificate.
      Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X