No announcement yet.

expiry date for L1B approval petition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expiry date for L1B approval petition!

Hi

I have got L1b approval petition with me which is valid for a period of 2 years. Could anyone tell how long I can wait before I finally fill in ds156 application form and appear in the embassy to get US visa?

In other words is there any expiry date associated with L1b approval petition?

Thanks.

It's valid until expiry date. You can appear for visa interview anytime. But if it's too late, you might be asked for reasons for delay etc.

Comment

Visa Expiration & PED,I94 having different dates

Hi,

Currently i am working on L1B visa. IT has the follwowing dates in teh visa

1. Visa Expiration Date : 08-FEB-2013
      2. PED : 14-JAN-2014
      3. I94 : 14-JAN-2014

Now let me know whether i am eligible to stay after feb,2013 without renewing the visa & then renewing later say nov or dec of 2013?
      Why there is a mismatch in teh date. Whom should i need to contact for this?

Comment

Visa is only an entry document to U.S. You only need a valid visa to enter U.S. To stay and work in U.S, the I-94 should remain valid. Extension can be filed 6 months before the I-94 expiry date. There is nothing much you can do to get the visa extended. Next time when you go out fo U.S and want to re-enter back in L1B status after 08-FEB-2013, then you need to apply for the visa and get it stamped again. When is your passport expiring. Sometimes (if the passport is expiring less than 12 onths as of the date of visa interview), the visa is issued only till the passport expiry date even if the petition is valid for a longer duration.

Originally posted by rajesh12345 View Post
        Hi,

Currently i am working on L1B visa. IT has the follwowing dates in teh visa

1. Visa Expiration Date : 08-FEB-2013
        2. PED : 14-JAN-2014
        3. I94 : 14-JAN-2014

Now let me know whether i am eligible to stay after feb,2013 without renewing the visa & then renewing later say nov or dec of 2013?
        Why there is a mismatch in teh date. Whom should i need to contact for this?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X