Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on L1 Extension withdrawal and new L1 Blanket filing

Hi,

I have been in the U.S from Oct'06 till currently and now plan to go back to India as my L1 extension is faced with an RFE and my employer plans to withdraw it. My RFE had location specific questions and i have moved accounts since my case was submitted initially so withdrawal is the best way to go.

When i get back to india, i am looking at following answers to assist me on a new petition for a new Client, Same Employer:
    A. Can a new L1 Blanket petition be filed when i reach India? I am a Mechanical Engineer and MBA with 8 years of work exp. Any restrictions on L1Blanket?

B.Is there any specified period during which my employer cannot file a new L1 petition ?

C. Does the RFE withdrawl have any impacts on future petition cases or GC processing?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone that can assist me on this? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Your HR should be able to answer these questions about L1. They are getting paid for a reason!

1. If you have not completed the 5 years and you can prove that the specialized knowledge that is needed for this job exists in you, you could get a visa.
      2. Indicated above. You would wait for 1 year if you exhausted the 5 years.
      3. If your I-94 already expired, you would have illegal stay and illegal work which would cause problems in the future based on how long it has been.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X