L1 A visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A visa interview

Friends a wonderful case for you to read.

My company has got L1 A approval and is sending me to start up new office in US.

My US visa interview was on 3rd Sept'09 at Mumbai Consulate.

Time was 8:30 and I was in by 8:15 - I was out of the consulate by 2 : 15 - 6 hours in the US consulate?????

I was intervied thrice and ultimately I was told to bring more proof of my company existance in INDIA since its inception in 1999 and that too after the officer herself confessed that they are ok about our INDIAN Entity but they are grilling me because they have doubts about my documents from US entity.

My first interview lasted about 45 minutes where in I was asked all the normal questions and which I had given answers, since I am goint to open new office the officer was not convinced that in L1 A visa we can recruit people after going there and how can I go if the office is not operational against which I had showed him the REF and its answer given by our attorney in US which clearly states that my first job will be to Recruit people as soon as I Land there and he took that and understood, he asked for few documents and then said Please wait we would call you.

Then the HORROR started, my name was announced and was informed to go to particular window, as soon as I went there I was treated like a FRAUD agent, the lady officer said - we have concrete proof against you and if you and asked me if i want to widraw the application - I laughed and said I dnt need to do that and I am confident that there is some misunderstanding from their side - She spoke such stupid language that I felt like taking all the documents and going out of the consulate - i was not there to beg for visa it was my right and I was demanding it, but if I did that then I would have been proved to be a fraud. She also said we see many people like you everyday and once this interview is finished U will regret that you came here.

She started asking for each documents and I started giving her what ever she wanted and each time she said this is a fraud document and I told her please get it checked and then blame, at one time we both were so annoyed with each other that she said I refuse to take your interview if you talk in that tone with me, but I knew that my company and I have done nothing wrong why should I worry???? I think the interview lasted for more than an hour and I had submitted every document she demanded, not 99 % but 100 % documents.

I asked here what was it all about, she said we are confident about your Indian Entity but we are not sure about your US Entity, and I produced all the proof I had to convenience them.

At the end of interview she was bit soft but her attitude was very arrogant.

Then I was called again after an hour or so, again it was the same lady but this time she was much more respectful and said SIR we are sorry to keep you waiting so long, we are keeping your visa on hold and she gave me a letter and wrote with hand - "ALL PROOF OF BUSINESS IN INDIA RIGHT FROM INCEPTION TILL DATE" - I had taken everything with me and I told her I have what ever proof you want - tell me what do you want to proove that we are doing business in INDIA???

She said SIR please bring all the proof and come again any time between 9:30 and 11:00.

I dnt understand what they wanted when they were already convenienced about my INDIAN business, actually there were lots of news coverage on me in leading news papers and she had also taken one of it, I had given here MOU, latest magazines published by our company everything - now what do they want????????

Any one please advice.

Originally posted by premalmehta1972 View Post
    i was not there to beg for visa it was my right and I was demanding it, but if I did that then I would have been proved to be a fraud.
    Visa is never a right, it is and has been a privilege for anyone that wants to enter a foreign country. The only right you have is to convince that your case is genuine for a visa.

No body begs for a visa. No one can demand it either. Ever heard of the ISRO top guy's visa story? But one has to be patient and produce the documents needed for the VO to approve it. VOs are personally held responsible for the visas they issue after 9/11 and let them do their due diligence.

I think it is your attitude that has to be mended and I can imagine your tone from your post here. It will be difficult for you to work with people in US if you maintain this type of demeanor in the US. Everybody respects their co-workers and also a manager does not behave like one from India here or they will be shown the door the same day. You need to get the term dignity of labor deep into your mind.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your advice

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Visa is never a right, it is and has been a privilege for anyone that wants to enter a foreign country. The only right you have is to convince that your case is genuine for a visa.

No body begs for a visa. No one can demand it either. Ever heard of the ISRO top guy's visa story? But one has to be patient and produce the documents needed for the VO to approve it. VOs are personally held responsible for the visas they issue after 9/11 and let them do their due diligence.

I think it is your attitude that has to be mended and I can imagine your tone from your post here. It will be difficult for you to work with people in US if you maintain this type of demeanor in the US. Everybody respects their co-workers and also a manager does not behave like one from India here or they will be shown the door the same day. You need to get the term dignity of labor deep into your mind.
      My Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your advice, I was'nt doing any fraud with any one and I had all the proof they wanted.

I was giving them all the documents they wanted and never tried to annoy any one, but when you present an genuine document and you are doubted then it is very very annoying.

I employee more than 20 people in my present company and more than 100 people collectively in my entire group and most of them have been working with me since long long time and I know how to behave with employees and co-workers. India or US truth is a truth and where ever I work in INDIA or US I would success because we are doing the business the right way.

I said its my right because I had everything to prove that I was going to US for business.

When it is said by the officer herself that she dosen't doubt by INDIAN ENTITY then why would she ask for more documents from my INDIAN entity???

My Friend thanks for your help but when you haven't done any thing wrong and still be blamed or called a fraud then it hurts.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X