Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time for Review of Documents????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time for Review of Documents????

My L1 A visa interview was scheduled on 3rd Sept'09 with the US consulate - Mumbai and was given white sheet - informing me to bring in 'Business proof of Indian Entity since its inception in 1999'.

I went again on 10th Sept'09 with complete proof of last 10 years and submitted each document the visa officer wanted.

I was made to sit for couple of hours and then informed that they wanted to further review my papers and they would let me know through mail.

When inquired with the office she told me that they would let me know approximately with in 2 weeks, its almost 2 weeks by today and nothing has turned up on my mail.

My question here is :
    1) By what time should I expect their reply?? How much time can they take to review my documents????
    2) I had submitted the original IT papers of last 10 years to the officer and my company is in need of them now, how can I let them know and on which mail id????
    3) Is it advisable to inquire with the US consulate for the action taken on my case???

Please advice.

1. They need not stick with the estimate they provided. They can take whatever amount of time to review. If you want your passport back in case they retained it and don't want to wait, you can write to the US Consul to stop processing the application and return your passport.
    2. Each US Consulate had a separate email id for non immig visa and that is where you need to send the email. You can get it from immihelp or vfs websites or even the consulate web site.
    3. You could ask for a status in your email and mention the need for the documents.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X