L1 to B1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to B1 Visa

Hi Currently I am in L1B visa and I resigned my job. Do I have to leave the country immediatly? what is the grace period? I hve my I-94 valid till July 2010.
    I have a B1/B2 visa that I got on April 2006 (before L1 Visa) and it is valid till April 2016. Is there a posibility that i can convert my visa status from L1 to B1/B2? do I have to leave the country and come back in for this?

Thanks in Advance

You are currently out of status if you resigned. The COS should be applied before your resignation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

What should I do now to stay legally in the US

Comment

How long has it been since your last pay check? Apply for a COS immediately if it is not long. If not, you cannot do anything other than leave the country. You are already accumulating illegal stay.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

My last pay check date is 9/22. I will be receiving paychecks till November as I have vacation days which will be paid till November.

In terms of applying for COS, I already have a Visa stamping in my passport for B1/B2 valid till 2016. Is this visa valid? should I approach a lawyer to apply for COS? or can I apply myself?

Comment

Look up for I539. Visa does not mean anything. You are technically on L1 till you get paid before which you need to apply for a COS by yourself or through a lawyer.

What is the reason for stay in US now? Depending on it, the COS could be approved on denied.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

If i apply for the COS to B1 now, how long will it take? the reason for stay is that I have my car and apartment and other things to be sold and also to tour places in the US.

Thank again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X