? re being laid off from L1B visa position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? re being laid off from L1B visa position

Hi, I am about to be laid off on Nov 29, 2009 from my L1B position. My visa was to expire (after 3 years) on May 15, 2010. When will I lose my L1B status?

If I apply for a Green Card through my US citizen spouse before my L1B expires can I remain in the country? If so, will I be able to leave and return from a trip abroad without applying for Advance Parole? (Which I believe takes at least 3 months to obtain, and I need to leave before that)

Any help re these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You lose status the day you lose your job. Yes. You need AP to travel.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      You lose status the day you lose your job. Yes. You need AP to travel.
      Thanks for your quick reply! If I may, I have some follow up questions re applying for a Green Card:

What forms does my US citizen spouse need to file on my behalf before my L1B visa expires? How long does the process generally take for a resident of MD? What do I need to do to be able to work, while the application is in process? What do I need to do to be able to travel abroad while the application is in process?

Many Thanks!

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X