Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B question

Hi,

I've almost exhausted my 5 year L1B quota (baring say 4 months or so). I've been in India for the past 11 months. I've two questions:

-I believe that I am eligible for L1A and can stay for another 2 years on it. So if my employer files an L1A for me now, would I be eligible for an H1 (or a fresh L1B) next year provided that I enter the US after completing my 12 months (I am in the 11th month now)?

-Assuming that my employer files an L1B for me (as I still have around 4 months in the old cycle) would I be eligible for an H1 (or a fresh L1B) next year provided that I enter the US after completing my 12 months (I am in the 11th month now)?

Appreciate your replies. I want to make a decision based on it. Basically I don't want to jeopardize my chances of a fresh H1/L1 after staying for 11 months in India.

Read the remainder option FAQ under H1b. Applies to your case too. Better apply for L1A after 12 months so that you get a fresh 5-7 year term.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X