Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extention of L2 Visa

Hi,

We (my husband & I) have i-94 till july 2011. My husband applied for new L1. but he has workload, so he is not able to go to India for interview. but I am planning to go to India . My question is that can i get new L2 Visa without my husband ?

Yes, of course.

Comment

but our visa was expired on 25th may 2009. If I come to India then is it possible to get the visa only for me even if my husband visa has expired and He is in USA on valid I-94?

Comment

Visa is just an entry document to U.S. The status depends on a valid I-94. If your husband's I-94 is still valid, then he can stay in U.S with an expired visa. He need a valid visa only when he goes out of the country and decides to re-enter.

Your husband's visa has nothing to do with you getting a dependent visa. All that matters is your husband's valid L1 petition. Did you check the list of documents for L1 provided in the previous post?

Originally posted by neetujain View Post
        but our visa was expired on 25th may 2009. If I come to India then is it possible to get the visa only for me even if my husband visa has expired and He is in USA on valid I-94?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

But he does not have valid petition. He has only i-94 till july 2011. yup I know he can stay here till july 2011. my question is that "is it possible to get the visa only for me?"
          Last edited by neetujain; 01-14-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

You cannot get a visa without a valid petition. I-94 of the primary applicant (Your spouse) has nothing to do with your visa. Validity of his petition is the one that is important for you to get a dependent visa.

Originally posted by neetujain View Post
            But he does not have valid petition. He has only i-94 till july 2011. yup I know he can stay here till july 2011. my question is that "is it possible to get the visa only for me?"
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X