Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 form - dilemma for L2 visa

Hi,

I am currently working on L1-A visa. filling DS-160 for spouse to join me. There is a section which asks the question :

1. Are you the principal applicant ?

What should i answer here ? Since am not applying, & she is the only person applying, should it be YES. If i choose YES, there is no option for L2/H4 visa.

If i choose NO, it asks for the principal applicant's name & receipt number. I can put my name and the receipt number from the 797 but am not applying for any visa. I will just be accompanying here when i travel back to US

Please advise how should i proceed.

Principal applicant meaning the primary work visa holder (L1 / H1B). See answers below.

Originally posted by abhijitz View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working on L1-A visa. filling DS-160 for spouse to join me. There is a section which asks the question :

>>> This should be "No" (l1 holder is the principal applicant).

What should i answer here ? Since am not applying, & she is the only person applying, should it be YES. If i choose YES, there is no option for L2/H4 visa.

If i choose NO, it asks for the principal applicant's name & receipt number. I can put my name and the receipt number from the 797 but am not applying for any visa. I will just be accompanying here when i travel back to US
    >>> This should be your information (L1 holder)

Please advise how should i proceed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin !!

so even though the term "principal applicant" does not apply to me [since am not applying for any visa] it is just a reference, correct?
      Last edited by abhijitz; 01-23-2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The term "principal applicant" means YOU. Like mentioned earlier, it is the work permit holder (H1B, L1A, L1B). Your spouse and children will be considered as dependent applicants. Your wife is the one who is appearing for the visa interview. So the answer to the below question should be "No".

Originally posted by abhijitz View Post
        Thanks Shervin !!

so even though the term "principal applicant" does not apply to me [since am not applying for any visa] it is just a reference, correct?
        Last edited by shervin143; 01-23-2010, 05:48 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks again for your clarification

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X