Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa Transfer Issue

Hi there..

I am in L1B visa and currently living in USA since 2 yrs. My I94 is valid till 2011 March.

I was working in client (my company client) location in New York, and after that project got over I moved to another client (in another state). But I haven't done my visa transfer to the new client and working here since 4 months.

My company says I have to immediately move back to my country since I have worked for 4 mnts without a valid transfer to the new location and client.

Can you please suggest me if I will have any issues in future because of this?

Do I have to really move back to my country?

Please suggest ASAP.

When you say that you started working for a new client, is that through your same Indian employer who filed your L1? L1 is an intra company transfer. Are you still getting paid by your indian employer?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

yes, I am with the same employer and I am getting paid.

Comment

If you are taking a position with similar duties and if you are still under the control and management of your L1 employer, then they can move you to different work sites. But your employer must file an amendment petition and notify the USCIS of this change of work location.

Visa or petition transfer is not applicable here.

Check the FAQ's about L visa here
        https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/faq.html

Comment

Thanks for the info.

But since my company hadn't notified USCIS about my movement and I am working in new location since 4 months. What should I do now? Do I have to immediately move back to my country. Will this cause any issues to me in future? What should I be doing on this?

Comment

As per rule, they are supposed to notify USCIS before they change your work location. Ask them to try and file the amendment now.

Should not cause any issues for future visas, since this is a mistake on the company's part.

Originally posted by adi4lv007 View Post
            Thanks for the info.

But since my company hadn't notified USCIS about my movement and I am working in new location since 4 months. What should I do now? Do I have to immediately move back to my country. Will this cause any issues to me in future? What should I be doing on this?

Comment

Hi,

Could you please advise what is outcome of your amendment ? How it was filed and hpw long it took to process?

Thanks.

Originally posted by adi4lv007 View Post
              Hi there..

I am in L1B visa and currently living in USA since 2 yrs. My I94 is valid till 2011 March.

I was working in client (my company client) location in New York, and after that project got over I moved to another client (in another state). But I haven't done my visa transfer to the new client and working here since 4 months.

My company says I have to immediately move back to my country since I have worked for 4 mnts without a valid transfer to the new location and client.

Can you please suggest me if I will have any issues in future because of this?

Do I have to really move back to my country?

Please suggest ASAP.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X