Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got yellow 221(g) but an APPROVED I 129S

Hi,
    Just today, 9th Feb 2010, I had my interview for L1 B.
    I lost some confidence while answering for Specialization.
    Rest all was good...
    I have quite a good number of exp. in the company, on clients project and on the current project also, plus holding a BE computers degree.
    VO returned me a copy of I 129S with a stamp on the APPROVED section.
    [Verbally she assured me that the visa has been issued but Passport is with me only...]
    And also YELLOW slip 221(g) stating:
    When administrative processing is completed on your case, you will be contacted and requested to submit your passport, this letter, and the accompanying envelope to the nearest VFS office.
    My company's visa department told that nothing to worry, keep a time frame of one week, a normal background check will happen (which I am not worried of).
    Can anyone pls help me whats going here?
    Regards,
    IM

They want to do some administrative processing on your case before issuing the visa. It generally has nothing to do with the applicant, but the US wants to protect itself from any problem no matter big or small. Possibly someone with a name close to yours did something and they need to make sure that he/she is not the one who is applying for the visa to enter U.S.

Lots of people have got their visas stamped successfuly after the administrative processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X