L1B: Specialized Knowledge for Software Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B: Specialized Knowledge for Software Developers

I have read about some cases where people have used company's internal tools to do projects abroad. They tell in interview that they have advanced knowledge of these tools.
    But they still get rejected because they haven't created any of the tools themselves or maybe because the VO thinks that any other US employee could learn these tools. Right now I am preparing for my interview, so wanted to know any anecdotes/opinions on the forum.
    Last edited by bi3423; 03-20-2019, 03:48 AM.

L1B is for professional, who really posses some sort of specialized knowledge which others don't have in USA (this is to ensure that companies don't hire resources from outside USA, when their own citizens with similar knowledge are unemployed).

So if you can explain that your knowledge is really specialized (not just some simple batch file or SQL scripts) then you'll get the visa.

Some people even though are specialized, but not able to explain their importance during the interview will be rejected & vice-versa will be approved.

Just my opinion.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

As my boss says software developers without knowledge and/or implementation of AI are not software developers. Because just coding is exactly like just speaking. Can't bring any value without applied use.

Comment

That remark set me thinking for a while. Indeed, I am the one who hires software developers, so I made a few background checks on your statement. And found out that with a certain computer vision platform the business can be brought to a certain new level. So really, I can't thank you enough for this.
        Last edited by avensis123; 05-25-2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Quite interesting information, thank you! It's worth thinking about

Comment

Originally posted by JoseGrays
            Hi all. I have a question for software developers. Guys, how do you do screen recording on a Mac? I've been using a new laptop just recently and can't figure out some of its functions.
            Hi! I had the same issue when I got my new Mac. For screen recording, I use QuickTime Player. Open it, go to "File" and click "New Screen Recording". It's simple and works well for basic needs. I also found this helpful article https://setapp.com/app-reviews/best-...orders-for-mac It reviews other great apps that offer more features. Check it out!
            ​​
            Last edited by RichardRich; 05-21-2024, 02:15 PM.

Comment

The key is to articulate your experience in a way that emphasizes the depth of your skills, your ability to adapt and learn new technologies, and the tangible impact you have had using these tools. I find the guys at The Frontend Company to be a good example for me, that's where the real professionals work. This way you can remove any doubts the interviewer may have about the specificity or transferability of your experience and present yourself as a versatile and valuable candidate.
              Last edited by prennddefrost; 08-18-2024, 06:49 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X